Sunday, March 24, 2013

Crazy for Kale!

Had my first go at making homemade kale chips and I have to say, I'm totally hooked! SO crunchy and salty like a potato chip but THEY'RE GOOD FOR YOU! Ok, maybe "good" isn't the right word, but they're definitely better for you than processed chips full of trans fat and preservatives.

What you need:
Organic kale
Olive oil
Seal salt
Garlic powder (optional)
Seasoned salt


When I bought the kale, I felt the leaves and picked the driest I can find. I figured the less moisture in the leaves, the better chips you'd get. Seemed to work out!


Wash the kale really well and tear/cut into chip-sized pieces.


Toss in olive oil (for one bunch of kale I used 1 tablespoon).


Sprinkle sea salt, garlic powder (optional) and seasoned salt and toss.


Lay the leaves on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil and bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees. I turn them halfway. Bake until the edges just barely turn golden brown. 


Crunchy, tasty and light!






No comments:

Post a Comment