Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jazzy Oats




Day 4 of the fast? 5? My brain has shut down at this point. I did however have a deliciously satisfying breakfast this morning. I love oatmeal but let's be honest, on it's own it's a tad dull so I added a few extra things to jazz it up a bit. Filling. Nutritious. Delicious. And it looked so pretty! I'm a firm believer that if your food looks good, it will taste good.

-1/2 cup cooked steel cut oatmeal (Anything else is refined and has been stripped of virtually all nutrients.)
- handful of blueberries (One of the highest fruits in antioxidants and I read an article or two on how it reduces belly fat. Flatter tummy? Count me in!)
-1 apple dices into small cubes (Apples are high in fiber and will keep you fuller longer. I recommend staying away from green apples because, personally, I don't like my oatmeal sour. But maybe you do so do whatever you want.)
-a drizzle of Agave nectar (Better for you than sugar because it's organic and it has a lower glycemic index.)
- a sprinkle of one of my favorite spices- Cinnamon!

No comments:

Post a Comment