Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Squashta...Squash as Pasta

Right now my church is doing a 21-day fast.  Some people are fasting social media, some are fasting TV, others sugar and sweets, and some are fasting food all together. I decided to do a Daniel fast. Basically fruits and vegetables ONLY. Well, it's only day 2 and I was already bored with my smoothies, green juices and raw carrots. Now, I know that no one does a fast to be "enjoyable" by any means, but I was searching for something new and heard about using squash in place of pasta. I stumbled upon this recipe here and it was INCREDIBLE. Seriously. SO delicious. And although I can't believe I'm about to say this being the carb fanatic that I am, but, I would eat this over pasta any day!! I used summer squash as well as zucchini and added some extra seasoning to the sauce. It is healthy, light yet filling, and completely satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment