Sunday, January 27, 2013

Smoothie Nut

I love smoothies. I've never been big on sweets so smoothies have always been my version of a milkshake. Not saying that I don't enjoy a good milkshake now and then. I love shakes. I can actually name my top three favorite shakes right now. And where I always go to get them. Chocolate shake from Carl's Jr., Neapolitan shake from In-n-Out, and a coffee shake from basically anywhere that has it. YUM. Ice cream you can drink through a straw? I mean, come on. What was I even talking about?... Oh right, smoothies. I am in the final week of my 3 week fast (HOORAY!) and I'm sure I've said it before, smoothies and juices have been a crucial part of my diet. I throw just about everything in a blender and drink all of my daily nutrients.
But I've discovered a completely new element to add into my fruit smoothies. I am completely obsessed with.... putting NUTS in my smoothies! Seriously, how did I not know about this before?? My favorites include walnuts and almonds. They add a different texture and the nutty flavor really compliments the fruit. It makes the smoothie more dense and really fills you up. Not to mention that unlike most yogurts and milks, they contain the healthy type of fat that your body can utilize and needs to burn throughout the day. 



A few frozen strawberries, some frozen peach, a handful of raw, unsalted almonds, and a splash of 100% apple juice. See how thick that baby is? So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment