Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Blueberry Mint Agua Fresca AKA Blue Drink

So I saw this recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com (recipe here) and couldn't wait to make it! Maybe it's the cold weather lately but I have been craving summer so badly! Warm sun on my face, 24/7 bikinis, cool beverages by the water...ugh, as I sit here in head-to-toe sweats in front of the fire place and space heater :/ How depressing.


10 oz. blueberries
water
juice of 1 lemon
fresh mint
agave (or honey) to sweeten naturally



Boil the blueberries in 1 cup of water. Keep an eye on them! I was shocked how quickly they came to a boil.


Once they start to boil, use a spoon to push the blueberries against the side to release the juice, reduce the heat and simmer with the lemon juice and fresh mint for 5 minutes.


Run juice through a strainer of some sort and add 6 cups of cold, purified water.


I put a few fresh mint leaves in each glass when I served it. Not only does it add to the freshness but it makes it that much more beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment