Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Smoothie du Jour



I'm feeling a little under the weather today. I worked 67 hours last week and had 2 huge meetings so I think I'm a little worn out. So today I piled up on the green and made a delicious smoothie for breakfast.  I'm feeling the life come back into my body already! 

In my juicer: 2 small green apples
1 cucumber (with the skin)
1 orange (gotta get that fresh vitamin C!)

Then blended with:
A few handfuls of organic baby spinach (completely tasteless- I promise) 
1 ripe banana
A few frozen peaches (normally I just use ice because I like it nice and cold but we were out of ice so frozen fruit is the next best thing. Not to mention it makes it taste even more delicious!)

If I'm having a smoothie or a juice in a addition to my breakfast I usually won't use so much fruit. Although they're good carbs, fruit has a higher caloric content so I usually substitute oatmeal or an omelet for the fruit and have more of a vegetable based juice or smoothie. One of my favorite breakfast juices is a simple cucumber and apple juice. The cucumber has done WONDERS for my skin and the apple sweetens it up and provides fiber that keeps you fuller longer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment